This course is designed for new learners on counterbalanced forklifts only. ORCA has IVES Certified forklift instructors who will guide new drivers through the theory and practical application of driving a counterbalanced forklift. Participants will only be trained on their employers forklift.
Call 250-751-4295 for further detail or questions.
NOTE: All courses can be tailored to include company specific information
Course Outline / Syllabus
Phase 1 – Theory Training
- Applicable regulations
- Variations of equipment types
- Main parts of the forklift
- Understanding equipment safety
- Fuels and batteries
Phase 2 – Theory Evaluation
- Written Exam based on the in-class theory training and Operator Reference Manual.
- 10 multiple choice/ essay-type questions.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass.
Phase 3 – Practical Training
- Trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures, and parking/shut-down procedures and then given the opportunity to practice while being coached by the instructor.
Phase 4 – Practical Evaluation
- Once trainees have reached a minimum skill level, they are individually evaluated using the equipment in a reasonably challenging course.
- Following the evaluation, trainees are debriefed and given the opportunity to address any concerns or questions they may have regarding their training.
- Each successful trainee’s employer will receive official records and documents shortly after the end of the program.