The New Member Joint Occupational Health and Safety Training is an 8-hour course designed for the NEW members of a safety committee. The course covers all primary aspects of what a committee member should know and do during their tenure as a member.
|Duties, functions & benefits of a Joint Committee||WCA 36||1 hour|
|Rules of procedure of JOHS committees||WCA 37||1 hour|
|Investigation requirements & process||WCA 69||2 hours|
|Inspection requirements & process||3.5, 3.7, 3.8||2 hours|
|Refusal of Unsafe Work||3.12||1 hour|
|Evaluation of Joint Committees||3.26||1 hour|
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the safety committee members & others.
- Understand how the OH&S committee is set-up as well as Rules of Procedure.
- Understand OH&S Regulation and Workers Compensation Act (WCA).
- Comprehend due Diligence and its use and defense in achieving compliance goals and expectations.
- Understand the right to refuse unsafe work and the process that must be followed.
- How to perform Inspections and Accident Investigations and effective methods of preventing accidents and incidents in the future.
- How to effectively evaluate the Joint Committee activities and progress as required by Regulation.
- Motivational techniques effective at getting the buy-in of workers/ managers at all levels.