This course is designed for new learners on skid steers only. ORCA has Hardhat Training Certified instructors who will guide new skid steer drivers through the theory and practical application of driving a Skid steer. Participants will only be trained on their employers equipment.
Call 250-751-4295 for further detail or questions.
NOTE: All courses can be tailored to include company specific information
Course Outline / Syllabus
Phase 1 – Theory Training
- Applicable regulations
- Variations of equipment types
- Main parts of the Skid steer
- Understanding equipment safety
- Fuels and batteries
Phase 2 – Theory Evaluation
- Written Exam based on the in-class theory training and handouts
- 10 multiple choice/ essay-type questions.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass.
Phase 3 – Practical Training
- Trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures, and parking/shutdown procedures and then given the opportunity to practice while being coached by the instructor.
Phase 4 – Practical Evaluation
- Once trainees have reached a minimum skill level, they are individually evaluated using the equipment in a reasonably challenging course.
- Following the evaluation, trainees are debriefed and given the opportunity to address any concerns or questions they may have regarding their training.
- Each successful trainee’s employer will receive official records and documents shortly after the end of the program.