This course is designed for Skid teer drivers who are already certified and experienced on driving a Skid Steer and require recertification or refresher training. ORCA has Hard Hat Certified instructors who will guide drivers through the theory and practical application of driving a skid steer. Participants will only be trained on their employers equipment.
Call 250-751-4295 for further detail or questions.
NOTE: All courses can be tailored to include company specific information
Course Outline / Syllabus
Phase 1 – Theory Review
- Applicable regulations
- Variations of equipment types
- Main parts of the skid steer
- Understanding equipment safety
Phase 2 – Theory Evaluation
- Written Exam based on the in-class theory training
- 10 multiple choice/ essay-type questions.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass.
Phase 3 – Practical Training
- Trainees are shown the pre-use inspection, safe operating procedures, and parking/shutdown procedures.
Phase 4 – Practical Evaluation
- Following the evaluation, trainees are debriefed and given the opportunity to address any concerns or questions they may have regarding their training.
- Each successful trainee’s employer will receive official records and documents shortly after the end of the program.